- About Us
- Research Programmes
- Animal Health Research Programme
- Animal Production Research Programme
- Biotechnology Research Programme
- Food Crops Research Programme
- Horticultural and Industrial Crops Research Programme
- Natural Resource Management Research Programme
- Range Management Research Programme
- Regional Adaptive Research Programme
- Socioeconomics and Biometrics Research Programme
- Seed Research Programme
- Other programmes
- Agricultural Research Investment Services
- Information Management and Communication Technology
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit
- Technology Packaging and Transfer
- World Bank Supported Programmes
- Research Programmes
- KARI Center Network
- KARI Biotechnology Center
- KARI Embu
- KARI Garissa
- KARI Headquarters
- KARI Kabete
- KARI Kakamega
- KARI Katumani
- KARI Kiboko
- KARI Kibos
- KARI Kisii
- KARI Kitale
- KARI Lanet
- KARI Marsabit
- KARI Molo
- KARI Mtwapa
- KARI Muguga North
- KARI Muguga South
- KARI Muguga TRC
- KARI Mwea
- KARI Naivasha
- KARI Njoro
- KARI Perkerra
- KARI Thika
- KARI Tigoni
Information and Documentation Services
Information and Documentation Services Programme focuses on Information Technology and Content delivery, Organisation, repackaging, marketing, maintenance and archiving.
IDS has three units, namely, Information Technology Unit (ITU); Library and Information Services Unit (LIS); and Publications Unit. ITU is responsible for ensuring effective electronic networking, as well as management of computer software and hardware throughout KARI. LIS is responsible for library services, current awareness, and development/maintenance of databases. The publications Unit prepares and packages technological content in various forms and at various levels of scientific depth and rigour, to suit the needs of different user echelons. A strong commonality of specialisation in training and hence services exists across the three units, so IDS is able to work favourably towards meeting objectives at both divisional and institutional level.
In common with other divisions/programmes, the goal of the Information and Documentation Services Division is the purpose of the Institute, re-stated here as Appropriate/superior technologies and knowledge to sustainably enhance incomes of rural people developed, validated and usage catalysed.
Efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of KARI's institutional capacity in information management strengthened and sharing of knowledge and technologies enhanced in order to make research more efficient and technology dissemination more effective.
- Communication and access to information facilitated.
- Information and data validated, diversified, replicated, archived and decentralised.
- Policy for acquisition, use and management of information and computer software and hardware established.
- IT technical support and advisory services enhanced.
- Categorisation/characterisation of identified end users of KARI technologies and knowledge systems will be carried out so that the products of IDS are tailored to suit particular needs of each important category of clients.
- Development and formalization of mechanisms for smooth and effective
- exchange of communication of various types of electronic and print information within and among research centers including headquarters.
- Development of mechanisms of marketing the Institute to its clients, GoK, development partners, collaborators and the general public and other interested parties in and outside the country.
- Generation of efficient ways of assessing the impact of the Instituteâ€™s information services and products.